- PLAN A VISIT
- BILLY BISHOP
- GET INVOLVED
Bishop House News
SUMMER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES at
Bishop House: Museum, Archives, and National Historic Site
35 hours/wk (potentially 5 positions)
$11.00hr/16 weeks (Dependant on grants - grant restrictions apply)
The Museum Assistants positions will assist in developing and implementing exhibits/displays, events and education materials. They will welcome visitors and provide tours and help catalogue artefacts.
Pending grant approval there will be up to 5 positions at Bishop House: Museum, Archives and National Historic Site. For more information, please visit our facebook page: www.facebook.com/BillyBishopHomeMuseum
The successful candidates will have completed at least one year of post secondary degree and will be going back to school in History, Cultural Studies, Museum Studies or Education. Directly related experience will be an asset. The individuals should be able to work with the public, volunteers and be computer literate.
To be eligible, students must:
▪ be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
▪ have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
▪ be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
▪ be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
• be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
• not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week)while employed with YCW; and
▪ be registered in the YCW online candidate inventory (www.youngcanadaworks.ca)
We are an equal opportunity employer. We like to thank all who have applied for these positions but only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Those interested in applying for these positions should forward a complete resume with cover letter to the address listed below no later than 4:30 pm Friday, March 27, 2015.
Owen Sound Museums
948 3rd Avenue West
Owen Sound, Ontario
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org